Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Top Ten


Happy New Year!

All I have to say is, end of the world or not, 2012 has GOT to be better than 2011- so, onwards! Before I leave 2011 in the dust, though, I thought I'd dig up my 10 favorite recipes of the last year- here they are in no particular order:

Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Medallions- finding this recipe made me realize I have got to make these again, they were perfect as party food or as a light dinner.

Chicken Adobo- on this one I mostly have to thank the NYT for posting such a delicious recipe, definitely well worth the many phases of cooking.

Coconut Carrot Soup- maybe I'm just a sucker for veggie soups with coconut milk, but whatever it is, this was delicious.

Crunchy Kale Salad- this one is bound to be a staple side dish around here- it would go with almost anything.

Grilled Peaches- so simple it's barely even a recipe, but I can't wait for summer to come so I can do it again!

Kale Chorizo Soup- really hearty and perfect for a warm winter dinner, if it would just get cold around here, I'd make it immediately!

Peanut Soup- oh, spicy Thai peanut flavor, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.

Pineapple Chicken Tacos- these were refreshing and easy and a nice change of pace for dinner.

Roasted Cauliflower Soup- rich roasted cauliflower, smoked cheesy goodness... yum.

Soft Pretzels- this was SO MUCH FUN. I had never thought of making them, and it might be a while before I gear up to do it again, but they were so delicious they more than deserve a spot on the top 10!



As a side note, going through my posts made me realize that it was a pretty crafty year as well- here are my three favorites:

I finished my quilt!- This barely counts as 2011 because most of the work happened in 2010, but, I still sleep under it, and Charlotte still loves it.

I made my first Munny!- a little Steampunk Butler dude who is looking at me from my bookshelf right now. Obviously I had to incorporate a brain theme in there somewhere.

I made Mason Jar Pendant Lamps- these are hanging over my head right now. Still cute!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails